This video is a recap for the cryptocurrency market for the week ending September 2, 2018.
For more on this week's developments, please visit: https://crushcrypto.com/cc-weekly-september-02-2018/
Join the official Crush Crypto Telegram channel for our latest publications and updates: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAESrVCwzd19x1DvDOQ
Download the PDF version of the presentation: https://crushcrypto.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2018-09-03-Crush-Crypto-Weekly.pdf
- The market was generally up during last week. The overall cryptocurrency market cap increased 10% to $237 billion. Overall trading volume was up compared to the previous week but still fairly thin.
- Bitcoin prices increased 8% to the $7,200 dollar level during the week as average trading volumes increased 17% from the previous week.
- Ether prices went up 7% to almost $300 dollars as trading volumes also improved from last week.
- Yahoo Finance has started integrating bitcoin, ether and litecoin trading on their webpage. Statistics on other cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin cash, ethereum classic and EOS can also be found on Yahoo's platform but do not have buy and sell options just yet.
- Bithumb, the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in South Korea, is restarting user registrations. According to lcoal news, Bithumb is renewing its contract with Nonghyup Bank which will enable the exchange to assign new real-name virtual accounts to crypto traders.
- During an Ethereum core developers meeting, it was agreed that the block reward is going to be cut by 33% in the next hard fork. The hard fork is currently scheduled to take place in October 2018.
- Baidu is reportedly teaming up with Tencent and Alibaba to incorporate new anti-crypto measures. Baidu has closed at least two chat forums related to cryptocurrencies and said the move was due to regulatory requirements.
- The popular Japanese social media platform, LINE, announced plans to launch its own cryptocurrency. The LINK cryptocurrency will have its own independent blockchain with a platform for decentralized apps.
The information in this video is for educational purposes only and is not investment advice. Please do your own research before making any investment decisions. Cryptocurrency investments are volatile and high risk in nature. Don't invest more than what you can afford to lose. Crush Crypto makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contained in this video or any sites linked to or from this video.